Monday, November 7, 2011

Like a Narcoleptic in a Mattress Store

I may have found the perfect Narcoleptic career: mattress store model! You just fall asleep in the front window, and the people walking by think the mattress you're on will help them sleep. Warning: May Be Mistaken For Mannikin Except for Snoring. XD If only someone would PAY me to sleep...

Well, I was at a mattress store yesterday, and let me tell you, I have never had that much trouble staying vertical in a store before. Just sitting on the cushy new mattresses made me too comfortable to stay awake. My husband was highly amused that he had to continuously poke me every two minutes when it was time to test a different one. It didn't help that it was cloudy outside, approaching sunset, and that I was pretty tired. I'm hoping it's a good sign anyway, that when our new mattress comes I might sleep better on it than I do on our two old-ish twin mattresses on the floor. It may come tonight, which means I could immediately at it to my various sleep experiments of the moment.

I hope it works; I need all the help I can get this time of year...

2 comments:

  1. But at least you've had a really good mattress to sleep to. Really great anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me laugh! I have narcolepsy as well. I have found some good advice about dealing with narcolepsy at http://onlineceucredit.com/edu/social-work-ceus-sd. I hope the new mattress works out for you!

    ReplyDelete