Monday, October 5, 2009

Kind of Bummed

Well, I called my doctor today and sure enough he wants me to start at a lower dose by cutting the pills in half for the first week. That's fine by me, and hopefully I won't have stomach issues. I totally realized that I've been a little depressed for a couple days ever since I stopped the Nuvigil, and now I'm wondering if that's not a sign of gluten being in it. I guess I'll find out this week if I react to it or if stopping it suddenly was what threw me out of whack. I should probably just call them and find out if it has gluten, but I figure if I try it again instead at least I'll get to be awake for a day or two before it catches up with me. I'm so damned sick of being this tired that I'd rather brave gluten than play it safe.

I'm also kind of bummed because my back up plan of moving to Canada looks like it's not going to work. First of all, you have to prove you can support yourself for at least six months, which I can't even do here- otherwise I would have a job and not have my impending health insurance problem to begin with. But even more troubling is the fact that they do examine your health when you apply for a visa and they won't let you in if you would cost their health insurance system a whole lot of money. Which I'm pretty sure I would. I'm not going to discount the possibility completely, but it isn't looking promising. So it's back to coming up with some other creative solution to my problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment