Tuesday, November 24, 2009

School and Dogs

I survived another day of class and driving, and went ahead and filled out the form to withdraw from the school. My photography instructor, who is also my head of department (or Head of House, as I like to think of it, haha) knows I'm leaving because of my health and he brought me the form and explained that he'll turn it in and I don't really have to do anything else. I really really appreciated it, because now it's taken care of and when my class ends I'm done. He said he's sorry to see me go, and I am too. I've really had fun with this animation stuff, and I still think it would be the career for me if I could hold down a job.

I decided today that I will try to go back in the fall. I'm moving out of my parents' house and into an apartment with my girlfriend this summer, and so that gives me three quarters to recover and move and possibly feel better. If fall comes around again and I'm still too tired to do much I won't start again, but if I feel up to it I would like to. It's been really fun, as much as I've complained occasionally. XD

In other news, my girlfriend fell in love with a dog. I had a lot of worries at first which we've gone through and discussed, but let's face it, one look at pictures of this dog's face and I was sold. XD Seriously though, we had agreed on adding a second dog to our family of two humans, two ridiculously adorable cats and a fluffy dachshund, we just weren't originally thinking of adding the second dog for a couple of years. We all know how that goes, though, lol. We're both suckers and animal people, so it really was inevitable. I'm excited. He does sound perfect, and I figure, if I managed to train my dog I'm really not worried about a more mild-mannered one. So life is good, and my girlfriend is coming to visit tomorrow, so my guess is that it'll be next week before I post again. YAY.

2 comments:

  1. Wolfie,
    I just found your blog and was reading a little bit. That is awesome that you are getting another dog! I had a dog for years who died a few years ago but i live in a big city on the fourth floor while my ideal dog is more of a big yard dog... so i haven't gotten one.
    I'm sorry to hear that you've had so much trouble with school, but it's good that you are figuring things out. I don't mean to mention obvious options, but I don't suppose doing a degree from home (correspondence course) or a part-time degree would be an option? I know in high school there were correspondence courses (i took one), i thought there might be something like that for college... just a thought. i also have narcolepsy. it is great that you have such a supportive girlfriend too, that is very important.
    Ellie
    www.nisfornarcolepsy.com (my blog, in case you are interested)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ellie, thanks for commenting. I checked out your blog and it's really interesting, so I'll be following it for sure. As for my classes dilemma, I actually have another degree from a different college already, so that's why I'm not too worried about not completing the second degree. Otherwise online classes would definitely be a good idea, because it really is important to get a good education. See you around!

    ReplyDelete