Thursday, October 1, 2009

More Drugs!

Today I went to my neurologist. I explained to him that I'm doing pretty well, but I'm just so damned tired it's hard to do very much. He wants me to try Nuvigil in the mornings and see if it helps. He did say that he has other patients who are sensitive to gluten and that it hasn't bothered any of them yet, which is better than Provigil which sometimes has gluten in it and apparently did bother some of them. He also said it gives people less side effects than Provigil, and his explanation did make sense at the time though I only vaguely remember it now.

I have to say I'm a little wary. Provigil definitely had gluten in it and he tried at first to convince me to take it anyway, which I refused. But I'm pretty desperate for at least a little more energy at this point. He did give me a sample of the Nuvigil so I can try it before getting the prescription filled, so at least the experiment won't cost me anything. I don't know if it'll work anyway though, because my stomach has been pretty annoyed in the mornings lately. At least I'm still off from classes for a few more days, so if I try it tomorrow and it's a disaster at least I'll have time to recover before I need to go to class. Plus I'll need to find out if our insurance covers it if it does actually work.

I'm having a really good week off so far. I've had a lot of time to work on my various projects I have going, which has been great, and I'm enjoying rereading the entire Harry Potter series. My dog has enjoyed the extra attention, too. So here's to hoping the Nuvigil doesn't screw up the rest of my time off. I really want this to work or I wouldn't be taking the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment