Friday, October 2, 2009

Nuvigil Adventures

I started Nuvigil today on top of Xyrem and Remeron, and I have to say I'm really not sure if it's a yes or no at this point. I think it'll take me another couple of days to really be sure of what's going on.

As soon as I took it this morning I started feeling kind of weird. My stomach wasn't unhappy, which surprised me because I figured even if it's gluten free I'd still have issues with it. I waited until after breakfast just in case. The main thing I noticed at first was that I was feeling kind of loopy. After a few minutes, though, my sense of 3 dimensions came back full force and I was not sleepy anymore. As a matter of fact, I didn't feel the urge to sleep all day, for the first time in the last ten years. It was very liberating.

On the other hand, I was totally wired for most of the day. I ran around doing 8 things at once and thinking and talking really fast. I was also kind of jittery, like I'd had too much caffeine, which was unpleasant. My heartrate was up but I wasn't anxious, which is weird because usually the two go together for me. I was worried about being able to sleep tonight, but now I'm finally really starting to wind down off of it so I think it'll be okay. We'll see.

It was really nice to have energy for once. I surprised my dog by chasing him all over the yard at a flat out run, and surprised myself by not getting tired as soon as I expected. I also did a lot of fun things today and didn't need a nap until the late afternoon- and even then, laying down was enough; I still wasn't sleepy.

Of course if it's still making me jittery and weird after a couple of days I'm not going to stick with it. I know it isn't good for my heartrate to be up like that, plus it's a bit much to be really hyper all the time. But for now I'm going to be cautiously optimistic and see if it settles out after a day or two. If it ends up working my life could improve drastically. We'll just have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment