Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sleepover Design Star Art Class

Well, I was back to crazy dreams last night. In the first one I was part of this Design Star reunion thing, where all the contestants from the most recent season came back to design this house. They all worked together on the one big room in this really open house, and then one of them did the outside. I was on the film crew or something; I wasn't a designer. I was trying to film the reveal, but the contestant who was doing the explaining was really bad at it. The house looked crazy though. The entire living room wall was covered in blue bathroom tiles, everything in the house clashed because it was all intense colors, and the art they had chosen to put in there was really bizarre. The outside of the house looked like a castle, but they had painted it light blue and white with giant gold reliefs of animals.

That dream morphed into one about everyone who had been involved in the project sleeping over at my grandparents' house. There were like twenty of us in one of the rooms, and I kept trying to get sleep but everyone was being loud- they had all gotten a lot younger and we were all like 12 year olds now. One of my cousins was there, and I was really glad because I haven't seen her in a long time. I kept losing stuff and when people finally started to leave the next day they left a giant mess. I tried to get the remaining people to help me clean it up, but they kept getting distracted. There were stuffed animals everywhere and I had trouble telling which ones were mine- I would find one that looked a lot like one of mine but then something was different; it was sown up in a different place or had something weird missing or was a slightly different color. Eventually we got it mostly cleaned up in there and started looking at a website a couple people had been working on the night before. It was about plans for a movie they were going to make, but it wasn't done right because if you tried to run it Flash would spaz out as if the code was wrong.

Then that turned into me starting this new art class. I had been looking forward to it but the teacher turned out to be really mean and confusing, and he kept showing transparencies of charts of little thumbnails of paintings. I didn't have any idea what he was talking about and he kept getting frustrated with other students and telling them off for not drawing things right. At one point we were supposed to draw lion heads and mine ended up with two sets of eyes on accident, and he yelled at me to fix it. At the end of class I was panicking because I didn't understand what the homework was for next time but I was too afraid of the scary teacher to ask him, so I decided to just make something up.

Obviously I'm not ready for next quarter to start tomorrow, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment