Friday, August 21, 2009

Alien Seahorse Disease

Last night I dreamed that I was watching Stargate Atlantis. My mom had taped an episode neither of us had seen before. It was really bizarre, but in the dream seemed pretty normal for Stargate. In the episode, McKay (the head scientist guy) had managed to catch a weird alien disease that basically caused parts of him to turn into seahorses. Like, the ends of his fingers would start to morph into the head, and then a seahorse body would form out of the rest of his finger and it would eventually detach and swim off. The head doctor was catching the seahorses that detached and storing them in a water-filled container, trying to study them to come up with a cure. Of course McKay was freaking out, in character. At one point the seahorses started coming out of his mouth, and the doctor was worried because they had probably morphed out of important internal organs. They were just figuring it out when my mom came in and started watching the end. I paused it and told her it was a really good episode so she should watch it from the beginning, and ended up waiting on her to come back into the living room so I could start it over. I woke up before I got to see the end.

Today was better. I think I'm finally beginning to recover from working too hard this week. I turned in another finished project today, against the odds. Of course now I have another one to start to work on.

I haven't felt completely here the past two days. I've just been really out of it, and was even having to struggle through writing. But I feel more like myself today.

No comments:

Post a Comment