Sunday, August 30, 2009

Crazy Night

Last night was intense. Wow. I remember several dreams pretty clearly, but I don't remember what order they came in and I'm pretty sure there was other stuff in between them.

In one dream I was playing a video game that was set up kind of like a Choose Your Own Adventure. My character was a soldier who was going through this big camp of tents looking for evidence of a crime. There was this whole mystery going on with missing people. I had to click on stuff to search it in these really messy rooms where I figured the culprit was hiding evidence. At one point I was in this bedroom and I kept finding bodies. There was a dead woman under laundry in a laundry basket, wrapped in a thin sheet with blood on it. It was really creepy and I had to remind myself it was just a video game I was playing. After searching that room I went to talk to the suspects to see if I could figure out what was really going on. It turned out to be at a teen summer camp, and I was having trouble figuring out who to even suspect. At that point I was actually at the camp as myself and it wasn't a video game anymore. Eventually I started to realize that it was the small group of people I had befriended that was responsible for the crimes.

In another dream I was on a boat sailing down a wide river- I think it must have been a cruise or something, because I was supposed to be there just enjoying the ride. There were a lot of other people on the boat too, but they were kind of annoying so I ended up staying by myself in my room a lot. It looked a lot like my real, current bedroom, and it even had the same carpet and looked like it should be in a house, not a boat, which I thought was kind of weird at the time.

Soon it got dark and it was time to go to bed, but I was having trouble going to sleep. I started hearing people talking, and seeing people walking around my room. I realized the boat was haunted. I started to get pretty scared as one ghost came over and started yelling at me. He was this heavy-set teenage boy who had another ghost that was somehow attached to him, only I couldn't see any details on her- she was just a silhouetted shadow, which was really creepy. The boy ghost was mad at me because he could read my mind and tell that I didn't believe in ghosts. He started shaking me and I was so afraid I couldn't move at all to get away. I kept trying to wake up because in my dream I figured I had fallen asleep and was hallucinating and needed to move so that I would stop seeing things. More ghosts came and had body parts falling off of them, or they were so thin they looked like skeletons. They were everywhere and I started to wonder if they were actually real. I tried to scream but nothing came out, even though my mouth gaped unnaturally wide. And then suddenly I jerked awake, heart pounding. I was back in my real room. I'm still not sure if I was hallucinating in my real room or inside my dream, because when I woke up I wasn't flat on my back and during the hallucination the room looked different, but on the other hand I really felt like I couldn't move and was fighting to wake up.

As you might imagine, I left my light on after that. I wanted to read a little to make sure that the dream didn't start again, but holding my eyelids open was a losing battle. At that point I was back on the boat, but this time it was all happy and colorful and I was looking at the dock we were headed for. Several of my characters were there with me, and instead of a boat it morphed into this really cool old house. It was kind of Victorian in its historical-looking wallpaper and furniture and so forth. It turned into me and one of my characters exploring and looking at all the furniture and shiny things. I don't remember much of that dream except that it was really fun.

Despite all the elaborate dreaming, I slept late and feel more refreshed than usual this morning. It might have to do with how exhausting yesterday was. I did a lot of socializing and even worked on my homework a little. I'm going to try to take it easy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment