Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Crazy Lake Thanksgiving

Last night was certainly interesting. As if having a hallucination about hallucinating a couple weeks ago wasn't enough, last night I had a dream about having an interesting dream, lol. Actually, dreams inside of other dreams have been pretty common for me.

I was swimming in this really interesting lake during my dream-within-a-dream. By interesting I mean crazy. It didn't follow the laws of physics. Instead of the surface of the water being flat with waves like sane, reality water, this lake had water hills that would stay more or less in one spot, and water valleys that had little whirlpools at the bottom. Actually, now that I think about it, the whirlpools were pretty much everywhere- on the tops and sides of water hills as well as in the valleys. I was having fun swimming up and down the sides of these hills with the random currents that were flowing everywhere, exploring a pretty wide area. There were willow trees all along the banks and on islands that were rocky and jagged. At one point I discovered a cave underneath the water and swam down to poke around and explore it. The walls were jagged and I was worried about cutting my feet and hands. I'm pretty sure I was at this lake with multiple other people, and that I knew who they were at the time though I don't remember now.

Then I woke up and found that I was at my grandparents' house for Thanksgiving and that I had fallen asleep while waiting for food to be ready. I went into the other room and found this great big cafeteria-style buffet thing, and a lot of my relatives were already eating. I was relieved when nobody roped me into a conversation because I was hungry. I got a plate and started to put cheesecake on it, but suddenly realized that I had zoned out and forgotten about my gluten-free diet. It freaked me out that I had forgotten because even a little bit of the cheesecake could have ruined my day. Luckily the cheesecake hadn't touched the plate so I could still use it. I started to scout around for possible gluten-free items, and found some black-eyed peas that looked safe, but was a little worried because someone had inadvertantly mixed them with the chili in the dish next to them and I was pretty sure they were contaminated. Looking around I realized that everything seemed to have a bit of something else in it because there were like forty dishes and only three serving spoons. At this point I got a little bit of a couple of things- salad and the black-eyed peas- and decided to just eat them very slowly. I was annoyed at myself for not planning better and having safe food with me.

It turned out to be fine, and my cousins arrived so I had people my age to talk to. I started telling them about my crazy dream, and then got a lot of family gossip from them. I was enjoying myself until it was finally that evening and I started making arrangements to sleep where my alarm wouldn't bother anyone. Despite my best efforts I ended up sharing a room with like five other relatives and was a little worried that I would disturb them when it was time to get up for my medication.

And then I woke up and realized that it is in fact the middle of August and I really didn't need to stress out about sharing a room with anyone aside from my dog, who sleeps like a rock anyway. My brain is apparently still stuck on the swimming thing, which is fine with me. That lake was pretty freaking awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment