Thursday, August 13, 2009

Knocked Out

Apparently our next door neighbors' air conditioner was malfunctioning very loudly last night, right outside my window. It kept my parents (two floors up) awake for most of the night. Luckily for me, I had my nightly date-rape drug to knock me out. Seriously, I didn't hear a damn thing. I didn't even know anything had happened until my dad asked me about it this afternoon. If I did hear it between doses, which I really might have, I don't have any memory of it at all. Similar things have happened to me before. I've slept through my mom setting off the burglar alarm on accident by getting home late, police being called and coming to our house to stop people from trespassing on our property (and my room is right across from the front door, lol), lots of parental noise including opening and shutting of our loud garage door (my room also shares a wall with the garage), delivery of large furniture which was apparently carried up multiple floors to loud banging and scraping that I didn't even hear, and last but not least a category 3 hurricane.

On the one hand I think the fact that I sleep (read: am knocked out) through just about everything is hilarious. I also like it as a welcome change from my non-medicated REM!Awake!REM! cycle from before, at which anything could and would wake me up and/or trigger paralyzed hallucinating, etc. On the other hand it kind of scares me, because I seriously wonder if I would even hear the fire alarm if it went off. At least I'm right next to an exit? It's also scary because people can come right into my room and I don't have a clue- my dad has borrowed my car keys before without me even turning over. You know it's messed up when you can hallucinate people in your bedroom, but if anyone actually comes in then you don't even know.

As eerie as it is sometimes, I've found being knocked out to be an advantage more often than not. I need all the sleep I can get after all. So keep it up, loud obnoxious noises of the world. I WIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment