Sunday, August 23, 2009

Dreamscape Roommate Roadtrip

Last night I apparently knew I was in a dream. I used to do that a lot before medication, but it's been awhile. I decided to take my two college roommates with me into a really cool world that I used to go to a lot. It's a beautiful, mostly wild hilly place, with a river running through it with steep banks, lots of forest and even some prairie. There are houses tucked away in places and a road that winds around through it, with smaller dirt roads that go into the woods. It has magnificent sunsets and you can see a ton of stars at night. I've been there many times, and even though there have been several different incarnations of it in specific dreams the map (which I always have with me) stays mostly the same. I've had a lot of fun exploring there in the past, and figured it was the kind of place my roommates would like (which they would, lol). So we started driving around, trying to find the little dirt roads that led to the more scenic views where we could sit and look or hike around. It was a beautiful, sunny, cool and dry day.

Of course Narcolepsy had other ideas for the dream, and it wasn't long before it started trying to take back control. So the map ended up wrong, and we got lost. I got annoyed because I knew my brain was trying to turn it creepy on us. We saw a couple of houses tucked back in the woods and decided to go ask for directions. As we got out of the car, a couple of older men approached us and started talking to us. Even though they were being a little bit creepy we weren't worried- I knew I was still in control of the dream, and besides that, one of my roommates knows karate so I figured we were safe. I went into the trees to look around while my roommates got directions, but suddenly it got dark fast. It turned into night unnaturally quickly and I knew the dream was trying even harder to revolt. Even though I was now alone in the woods with one of the creepy men (who turned out to have followed me), I still had enough control to prevent it from getting scary. I walked back to the car and we drove off.

One of my roommates was driving, so as she drove us back toward the river I concentrated really hard on changing it back into daytime. It was difficult but suddenly the sun began to rise, and we pulled over to get out and watch it.

If the dream went on after that, I don't remember. I think it probably turned into something light and mixed up and silly. It was cool that I could control it for awhile though.

No comments:

Post a Comment