Saturday, August 8, 2009

Back to Reality

Today wasn't much, but it was a heck of a lot better than yesterday. I didn't sleep any better, though I do vaguely remember having interesting dreams even if I didn't remember what they were about when I woke up this morning.

I started off the day totally out of it but less nauseated at least. My dad and I went to get sushi for lunch, which is our weekly father-daughter tradition at the moment, and then took my car to get it inspected and the oil changed. We ended up sitting at the dealership for several hours waiting on it, during which time I took multiple unintentional naps, which actually turned out to be good for me. Dad had a book and I entertained myself on my iphone when I wasn't accidentally napping. On the one hand it was really boring, but it was also tiring. I was pretty relaxed, but sitting up gets difficult after awhile when your default position is completely horizontal.

Eventually we did get out of there, and my car smells all clean and nice and is running better now. It's so shiny- they must have waxed it or something.

When we got home I was feeling much better: more relaxed, but also very here and awake. The outside world felt so immediate and real today. I took my dog out and sat in the yard for awhile even though it was really hot just because I wanted to feel like a part of the world. I've always felt more real when I'm outside.

I didn't do any homework today, but I really needed a break. Sometimes you just need a day or two to chill. I'm not worried about next week anyway, as I should have plenty of time to finish everything.

Maybe this dose isn't so bad after all. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for less side effects again tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely sounds like an improvement. I hope it stays good. I always love when my car comes back from a service visit - it runs well, is clean, and seems happier. I loved your description of begin outside!

    ReplyDelete