Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fried Brains

So far, the ENT's suggestions haven't particularly helped me. I'm using the sinus rinse once a day now, but I'm about twice as congested. Zyrtec D made me really awake and upped my heartrate uncomfortably, and then I ended up not sleeping well but still congested in the morning. I might try Zyrtec without the D and hope that that actually does something, even though it hasn't in the past. At least I'm pretty much over the virus for now.

Because of the minimal sleep last night my brain has been fried pretty much all day. My class was really short but I stayed at school for an extra four hours to help another student. I kept having to get up and walk around, or snack on crackers despite not being hungry. Eventually I had to go downstairs and buy some juice because I was really starting to nod off while sitting at her computer explaining stuff. She was really nice about it, but she seemed pretty worried about me by the end. I didn't try to explain because I figured that would probably just cause extra worry when I left to drive home. At least that's what happened the last time I told someone at school that I have Narcolepsy. It tends to freak people out.

Hopefully I'll sleep tonight and tomorrow will be easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment