Thursday, September 3, 2009

High School Reunion Fairy Tale

Last night I had a lot of very strange dreams that were sort of connected together. At one point I had gone to meet up with a few high school friends at this museum. I feel like it started out a science museum or something and turned into sort of a grown-up version of a Discovery Zone, you know, one of those kid's party places with the great big play area and the games that give you tickets and stuff. Only the games were made to appeal to adults, you could win actual money, and instead of a playplace there were things like a zip line, an obstacle course and a rock climbing wall. It looked interesting but I was really tired. Fortunately we couldn't go in until everyone got there, and for awhile we were waiting. The friend I was waiting with was getting bored and annoyed, and I was trying to keep her from getting too frustrated. Meanwhile I was looking out these big glass windows into the parking lot, which started to look like a high school parking lot- all these high school kids, including cheerleaders in uniform, kept getting on or off buses, and it was really busy and parents in cars kept driving up to pick kids up. After awhile it quieted down until there were just a few kids left waiting. Suddenly they all started to droop, like they were falling asleep sitting there. It was actually kind of eerie, like they were almost melting. Then the rest of our high school friends showed up and we started exchanging news and interrogating each other on our love lives, which is pretty much what happens when we see each other in real life. I was really happy to see all of them, and seriously everyone I was close to in high school and middle school- plus an elementary school friend, even- was there. I remember one particular line when one of my friends was saying how she had no luck at all in the romance department and was pretty sure there wasn't much hope for the future, and I high-fived her and was like, me too! Woohoo! And we started laughing about it. When I eventually woke up that part really amused me. Anyway, after that it turned into this play we were apparently doing, in which I was this princess who wanted to run away and learn how to wield a sword, only before I could escape I got married off to this prince guy who was actually pretty nice even though I'd never met him before and wasn't particularly interested in him. We ended up at this dance thing, and then suddenly it morphed into this other thing in which I was pretending to be a dog (more specifically, my dog, lol) and I was crawling around on all fours chasing after balls and squeaking them. The room I was in was decorated with lots of Christmas trees for some reason, and holiday stuff. And there was another person there who was also pretending to be a dog, and it turned out we were actually fooling this king and queen and if they found out that we weren't actually dogs we would get in big trouble. And then I reached out with my hand to grab a toy instead of using my mouth, and they figured it out and I had to run and hide under furniture. It was approaching scary when I woke up.

I blame the mediocre fantasy novels I've been reading lately, lol. And my high school friends because they aren't here to defend themselves. And of course the furball currently snoozing on my floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment