Sunday, September 13, 2009

Museum Volunteer Roommate Drama

I had at least three interesting dreams last night. In one I was volunteering at the local museum with a couple of my high school friends. We kept herding groups of people into elevators to take them from exhibit to exhibit. I remember it was weird because my friends kept goofing off and I was trying to get them to be more professional. And I was really getting tired but nobody else wanted to leave yet. The last exhibit we took people to was a room full of arcade machines with which people were participating in a tournament. You picked your machine based on what category of warrior you had gotten on this written test. I think the exhibit was on gladiators or something. And whoever won the tournament would get a prize.

In another dream I was on a roadtrip again. This time I parked my car at one of my far-flung college friends' houses, and she drove me and our other roommate to Carleton for the start of another term. I didn't realize until we got all the way there that I'd accidentally left my dog at her house. I was really freaking out because I couldn't remember if I left him inside my car or just in the house, where there would be food and water, etc. I wanted to just go back and get him even though it was hours away, but my roommates really didn't want to drive back there that night as it was getting late. I figured I should just wait and go get him the next day, but I couldn't shake the worry and I was beating myself up over forgetting about my dog.

Then I was at a dorm in my current college, only it looked exactly like my freshman dorm room at Carleton. I was supposed to move in with a girl who I really do kind of know at my current college, but her former roommate (this big guy who I presumably made up) still had a bunch of his stuff in there, so I didn't have anywhere to put anything. I had to wait for him to come back and get his stuff which he had said he would do earlier. But he also had two little tiny dachshund puppies, which I was playing with, so I couldn't get too mad. They weren't housetrained at all and kept going to the bathroom everywhere, and I was trying to explain to the girl that it really isn't that hard to housetrain puppies. Which is funny, because it actually is really hard and took me over a year to do with my dog, haha. But anyway, she kept saying it wasn't that important and I kept trying to explain that dogs need direction. Mostly the dream was sitting around talking about stuff with my new roommate and finding out more about her, and just waiting around until the guy came to take his stuff.

I definitely feel better today. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment