Friday, September 4, 2009

Happy Out Of It Day!

Somedays you can just tell from the second you wake up exactly how it's going to be.

I had garbled yet interesting dreams all morning, but I was completely out. I was totally convinced I was this character in a Jane Austen novel that I hadn't read yet (which is funny, because I've read all of them). There was all the typical 1800s England countryside balls and courting and dresses and bonnets and whatnot, plus some weird creepy stuff, like my teeth mostly falling out (again- see Creepy Teeth). I was on this date with this gentleman who I was trying to impress when I ate something sweet and my teeth started falling out. We were outside and it was dark, so I was trying to sneak them into my hand and then hide them behind a bush, without looking suspicious. Apparently I was staying at his house and had a frilly-looking suitcase in the guest room and everything.

But anyway, when I did wake up it was almost ten (like an hour late for me) and I was super spaced-out. I had class at 1 and so had to rearrange my morning routine so that I could eat breakfast and be hungry for lunch, which just further confused my already only half-present self. My dog gave me trouble because he can tell when I'm in permenant zone-out mode, which just made me kind of bitchy towards him. One of the achievements of the morning happened when I was sitting in a chair and my foot fell very, very asleep and I didn't even notice for awhile even though it was kind of painful and tingling like crazy. My brain was busy wandering down all sorts of great doomsday scenarios. That also made driving to class fun- my mind's eye was full of graphic car wrecks in which I was pretty sure I was going to die. And then I had a total braindead moment when I got my blinkers mixed up- I couldn't remember which direction was up or down on the lever. Which, in all my years of driving, has never once happened to me. Usually when my brain forgets my hand still knows, but not today.

Once I got to class it wasn't so bad a day for awhile. I got to show off my totally awesome project which everyone really liked. And I got to see everyone else's cool projects, too. By the end I was barely hanging on though. I lost all ability to keep thoughts from just leaking right out of my ears, to the point where I could hardly talk coherently. Then I had to drive home, and I didn't even have the energy to sing along to my cds. It took all I had left to get home safely, and then I almost fell out of my car when I opened the door. I promise I'm not exaggerating, lol. And then I knew my dog would need to do something, so I put him on the treadmill while I took a nap. Even after a nap I was barely making it. I made instant food for dinner and spent the rest of the day on the couch, not moving.

Even now I'm not feeling particularly coherent. And I have a feeling I'm not going to remember any of this tomorrow. But that's why I have a blog, right? Actually it's a really useful thing to do if your memory sucks. And it's hilarious because I end up rereading entries a week later and being really interested because I don't remember what happened next, haha.

Okay, enough typing for now. Before I fall over and crash this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment