Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Nap Assisting

Yeah, won't screw me up as much, haha. Never mind. I was basically useless today and spent most of the time napping or watching tv. At least I had my nap buddy with me. I've decided that my dog is a professional Nap Assistant. Basically he naps with me so that I feel less like a loser for needing to sleep a lot. Having a dog around is such a massive improvement in life. He injects a healthy amount of adorableness and company into my mostly hermit-like existence. And it is so refreshing to have someone around who not only doesn't think I'm lazy or unproductive or whatever for laying down, but also doesn't pity me for it or worry. Thank god for nonjudgemental animals.

Well, I still think raising it slower was the right thing to do. I'm just starting to wonder how next quarter will go. I'll have classes starting next week, and hopefully medication issues won't complicate things too much. I doubt it will matter. If there's one thing I'm incredibly good at, it's hiding my issues and pretending my way through higher education. XD If only I knew how to translate that into a job setting. I think I have so much trouble with the very idea of getting a job because my few previous experiences were pretty bad and awkward, mostly because those required me to be focused and paying attention, which (obviously because of my Narcolepsy) is something I'm definitely bad at. So I made a pretty inadequate office assistant, TA, and English tutor, despite trying hard. I sort of fudged my way through it all somehow and ended up quitting as soon as I could. I'm not sure where to go from here when it comes to a job- I'm too sleepy/exhausted for retail or other on-your-feet jobs, too zoned out for phone answering, and anything that requires sitting for long periods of time will make me fall asleep. Talking to people is awkward because I zone out. I'd love to work with dogs or something, but I'm too easily tired out- I can barely keep up with my dog, and his body is like 3 inches off the ground, haha.

Luckily for now I can just keep taking classes and live at home. And I'm covered by my dad's insurance for another year and a half. So I really don't need to worry about it yet. However, I'm going to worry anyway, damn it.

Tomorrow should be fun. The plan is to hang out with my grandparents. I like doing things with them partially because they also need to rest a lot. When I go to their house I bring my dog and we all group nap. :D But besides that we of course just really enjoy each other's company.

1 comment:

  1. Spectacular start! I do hope that you will continue to post frequently. Thank you for sharing yourself and your "fun" with narcolepsy. I do know a few other PWNs who have had success raising Xyrem slowly. I sincerely hope that it works for you.

    ReplyDelete