Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Swimming Pool Mansion

I started hallucinating before I even took my last dose, which doesn't usually happen- so I knew it would be a really intense dream night last night. Sure enough, though I've forgotten a lot of the specifics now, I went through tons of places and plots with pretty much everyone I know thrown in there somewhere. The hallucination had me completely convinced I was in this swamp-like, wooded place in a boat, exploring. I remember it was getting creepy when I jerked awake to my alarm, but don't remember exactly what was about to happen, just that the alarm was a relief. It was getting dark there. Once awake, I considered leaving my lamp on as a precaution, because that sometimes helps to prevent more creepiness, but then couldn't get to sleep at all. So I turned it off, and of course had more dreams. In one of them, I was visiting three grade school friends who I do, in fact, see as a group occasionally, and last time I saw them I did travel. So it made sense. What was crazy was that I was staying at this massively gigantic mansion with three floors- one floor of hot tubs and swimming pools of different shapes, sizes, and temperatures (like twenty of them!); one floor of books, just shelves and shelves like at my college's library; and one of seating areas and nooks and like, whole living rooms all in this huge open room. The place was warehouse-like in that each floor was just an open room that was massively huge. and the upper two floors were set back a little so you could look over a railing and see the swimming pools, and next to that open space was a massive wall of just glass to let all the sunshine in. It was amazing. And there was a big staircase that connected the floors in that open, foyer-like area. My dog had come too, and I was trying to keep track of him, but the place was so open that it was hard. My mom was there in one of the living rooms, watching tv on a lazy boy couch like the one in our house. I had claimed a nook of my own where I planned to sleep that night, without a tv. My mom started watching something really creepy about crime and it was bothering me, but I didn't want to bother her so I just tried to ignore it (kind of unsuccessfully). And then I found out my friends wanted me to stay somewhere else, and I made up my mind to convince them that I was staying here because I really wanted to go swimming. At one point I got into my bathing suit and ran down the stairs, but got sidetracked because there was this hair salon with like twenty supermodels getting their hair done, and I was like, woah, that's random. XD Actually I think I've just been watching too much tv, with all the hair care commercials, haha. But then I ran and dove into one of the really cool-shaped pools and that's when I woke up.

I've been pretty exhausted today. My stomach was bothering me, so I've been carefully putting small amounts of food in it all day. Tv is basically all I've had the energy for, so that's all I've done. I'm trying to store up enough energy for my class tonight. It's 6-10, unfortunately, but I think it'll be okay because this instructor tends to let us out early. I've successfully managed night classes before; I just turn music up really loud on the drive home and sing along to keep myself alert, which seems to work pretty well. Also, it's a short drive without the traffic. I just wish I had a little more real sleep behind me so class would be fun rather than something I just have to survive.

1 comment:

  1. I certainly hope that you survived class. I know that evening driving stress - I should be fine, if I crank my tunes... I am also sorry about the rotten stomach and the low energy. I too am wrestling with that these days. I hate that sense when "focus" is difficult.

    As for you dream, I was riveted by its vividness (before and after your initial waking). The swimming pool, library, living room place sounds like an incredible super spa. Perhaps it is a "message," and you are intended to create such a wonderful place. That or you definitely need a vacation (although I doubt you will find a place like that in Wisconsin). Cheers!

    ReplyDelete